On June 15th the State of California ended its color coded system of restrictions intended to keep people safe during the Covid-19 pandemic. However, since the virus is still present in our community, and many people are still not fully vaccinated, our central policy will will be the same policy promoted by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), Cal/OSHA, and the Centers for Disease and Control (CDC): If you are not fully vaccinated, continue wearing a face mask while training indoors at the school. If you are fully vaccinated, then wearing a face mask is optional for both staff and students.
Current Status: Open for Indoor & Outdoor Personal Training & Classes
Current Required Practices: Please help us keep everyone safe by following these simple but effective guidelines.
- Help Minimize Crowding Inside the School: Realize that some students, like kids 11 and under, still cannot receive a vaccine. To help keep those students safe, we are asking that all parents and friends of students avoid entering the school without an appointment, and please wait for students to finish training in your car or outside of the school at a safe distance from others.
- Wearing Facemasks: Staff and students are allowed to teachh and train without wearing a mask as long as they are fully vaccinated. "Fully vaccinated" is defined as having reached the two week point after receiving your final vaccine dose. Kids 11 and under, or those who have yet to be fully vaccinated are still required to wear a mask while inside of the school. However, all staff and students who wish to train outdoors can do so without a mask as long as they maintain 6' of social distance.
- Stay Home if You Are Not Well: The school may continue to conduct daily temperature checks of both staff and students to ensure that everyone entering the school is well enough to train. So please protect the health of others by rescheduling your visit if you don’t feel well.
- Sanitize Hands & Equipment Often: Our staff will always sanitize their hands, and any equipment to be used in your lesson before and after working with you. All we ask is that you do the same, by washing or sanitizing your hands both before and after training sessions.
- Refrain from Close Contact Training if Not Vaccinated: For the time being, we’re asking that students and staff who have not been fully vaccinated refrain from close contact training with other unvaccinated individuals. Close contact training includes grappling, push hands and clenching while kickboxing. In the meantime, work on your form, and build up your strength & endurance by doing solo workouts and other two person training that doesn’t involve close contact.
- Do More Training Outdoors: Always feel free to request that your training sessions take place outdoors. We’re happy to accommodate you in one of our shaded training areas. Consider wearing a hat and sunscreen when training outdoors.
- Improved Air Circulation: We’ve dramatically increased air circulation in all of our training areas by installing more fans and upgrading existing air conditioning systems. If you ever feel you need better air circulation please let us know.
- Increased Cleaning Frequency: All mats, restrooms, training equipment and high touch surfaces will be sanitized frequently throughout the day, as determined by the amount of use each area receives. We’ve installed multiple cleaning stations in our school to facilitate these important tasks.
Since opening in 1985, our dedication to training safely has never wavered, as health improvement has always been one of our most important core values. We know that you're counting on us to do this right. So, that’s exactly what we’ll continue doing. By working together, we can all ensure that White Dragon remains the safest place to practice martial arts. If you have specific questions about how to train safely during Covid, feel free to call us for a more complete discussion.