White Dragon is currently open and training students safely during the pandemic. Since conditions change periodically, we want to encourage current and future students to check this page frequently to get the latest news on what our school is doing to keep students and staff safe while training.
Current Status: Indoor Personal Training and Outdoor Classes
Current Required Practices: Please help us keep everyone safe by following these simple but effective guidelines.
- Maintain Safe Distancing: To help us keep staff and students 6’ apart, we are asking that all parents and friends of students avoid entering the school without an appointment. Please wait for students to finish training in your car or outside of the school at a safe distance from others.
- Wear a Facemask: Staff and students are required to wear face masks when inside of the school. Students have the option of training without a mask outside of the school under the supervision of a masked instructor, as long as everyone follows safe social distancing guidelines.
- Stay Home if You Are Not Well: The school will conduct daily temperature checks of both staff and students to ensure that everyone entering the school is well enough to train. So please protect the health of others by rescheduling your visit if you don’t feel well.
- Sanitize Hands & Equipment Often: Our staff will always sanitize their hands, and any equipment to be used in your lesson before and after working with you. All we ask is that you do the same, by washing or sanitizing your hands both before and after training sessions.
- Refrain from Personal Contact: For the time being, we’re asking that students and staff refrain from personal contact while working out. The school will inform you once it is safe to start engaging in contact practices. In the meantime, work on your form, build up your strength & endurance and increase your flexibility by doing solo workouts.
- Do More Training Outdoors: Always feel free to request that your training sessions take place outdoors. We’re happy to accommodate you in one of our shaded training areas. Consider wearing a hat and sunscreen when training outdoors.
- Improved Air Circulation: We’ve dramatically increased air circulation in all of our training areas by installing more fans and upgrading existing air conditioning systems. If you ever feel you need better air circulation please let us know.
- Increased Cleaning Frequency: All mats, restrooms, training equipment and high touch surfaces will be sanitized frequently throughout the day, as determined by the amount of use each area receives. We’ve installed multiple cleaning stations in our school to facilitate these important tasks.
Since opening in 1985, our dedication to training safely has never wavered, as health improvement has always been one of our most important core values. We know that you're counting on us to do this right. So, that’s exactly what we’ll continue doing. By working together we can all ensure that White Dragon remains the safest place to practice martial arts. If you have specific questions about how to train safely during Covid, feel free to call us for a more complete discussion.