Effective March 1, 2022 , the State of California's requirement that unvaccinated individuals mask in indoor public settings will move to a strong recommendation that all persons, regardless of vaccine status, continue indoor masking. After March 11, 2022, the universal masking requirement for K-12 and Childcare settings will terminate. However, the the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) strongly recommends that individuals in these settings continue to mask in indoor settings when the universal masking requirement lifts. As such, White Dragon will continue to recommend, but not require these practices, as it returns to its full regimen of training practices.
Current Status: Open for Indoor & Outdoor Personal Training & Classes
Current Required Practices: Please help us keep everyone safe by following these simple but effective guidelines.
- Help Minimize Crowding Inside the School: Realize that some students, like kids 4 and under, still cannot receive a vaccine. To help keep those students safe, we are asking that all parents and friends of students avoid entering the school without a pressing need to do so, and please wait for students to finish training in your car or outside of the school.
- Wearing Facemasks: Staff and students are permitted to teach and train without wearing a mask as long as they are fully vaccinated. "Fully vaccinated" is defined as having reached the two week point after receiving your final vaccine dose. Kids 4 and under, or those who have yet to be fully vaccinated are still encouraged to wear a mask while inside of the school. However, all staff and students who wish to train outdoors can do so without wearing a mask.
- Stay Home if You Are Not Well: Please protect the health of others by rescheduling your visit if you don’t feel well.
- Sanitize Hands & Equipment Often: Our staff will always sanitize their hands, and any equipment to be used in your lesson before and after working with you. All we ask is that you do the same, by washing or sanitizing your hands both before and after training sessions.
- Do More Training Outdoors: Always feel free to request that your training sessions take place outdoors. We’re happy to accommodate you in one of our shaded training areas. Consider wearing a hat and sunscreen when training outdoors.
- Improved Air Circulation: We’ve dramatically increased air circulation in all of our training areas by installing more fans and upgrading existing air conditioning systems. If you ever feel you need better air circulation please let us know.
- Increased Cleaning Frequency: All mats, restrooms, training equipment and high touch surfaces will be sanitized frequently throughout the day, as determined by the amount of use each area receives. We’ve installed multiple cleaning stations in our school to facilitate these important tasks.
Since opening in 1985, our dedication to training safely has never wavered, as health improvement has always been one of our most important core values. We know that you're counting on us to do this right. So, that’s exactly what we’ll continue doing. By working together, we can all ensure that White Dragon remains the safest place to practice martial arts. If you have specific questions about how to train safely during Covid, feel free to call us for a more complete discussion.